Thanks to our use of public-private partnerships, we have financed 255,000 homes and apartments totaling $19.2 billion since 1973. In any given year, we work with more than 250 direct partners, including developers, lending institutions, local governments and nonprofit agencies.
Report on Achievements
In 2016, the Agency’s work:
- Financed 13,200 affordable homes and apartments
- Financed $1.8 billion in housing construction, rehab and home sales
- Administered rent assistance for 26,590 North Carolina families
- Supported 17,180 construction jobs
- Produced $92 million of state and local tax revenues
- Kept its operating expenses to below 2% of the real estate activity it leveraged.