The North Carolina Housing Finance Agency is committed to the health and well-being of all North Carolinians and has assembled a list of resources to help residents navigate the COVID-19/Coronavirus situation. The Agency will update this page as new resources become available.
- NC Department of Health and Human Services: Provides an overview of the state’s response to the virus, the latest updates, travel guidance, information on protecting families and communities, where to seek help and information for health care providers and organizations, schools and colleges and the business community.
- Center for Disease Control: Discusses what you need to know about the virus, including symptoms and seeking treatment and includes a map with updates on cases across the United States.
- World Health Organization: Provides extensive information on the impact of the virus worldwide, travel advisories and how to protect yourself.
- NCCARE 360: Can connect you to local services and resources through a statewide coordinated care network.
- NC 211: Provides free and confidential information 24/7 on health and human services and resources within your community, maintained by the United Way of North Carolina. Dial 2-1-1 or 888-892-1162 for assistance and text COVIDNC to 898-211 to sign up for announcements and updates.
- NC Housing Coalition: Lists housing-related resources, especially for people experiencing homelessness and communities and groups serving them.
- NC Housing Search: Provides access to free listings of affordable rental housing in North Carolina.
- NC Department of Justice: Provides information on how to avoid coronavirus scams.
- FEMA: Provides extensive FAQs and guidance on supplies and equipment, best practices, how to get assistance and how to provide help.
- Coronavirus.gov: Gathers latest news and updates from the White House, CDC and FEMA and provides resources for travelers, households, pregnant women and children, small business owners, schools, businesses, health care professionals and health departments and labratories.
- HUD Announcement on Foreclosures and FHFA Announcement on Foreclosures: Provides information on the immediate foreclosure and eviction moratorium for single family homeowners with FHA-insured mortgages for the next 60 days.
- Fannie Mae Mortgage Assistance: If Fannie Mae owns your loan, its Disaster Response Network can help you navigate the mortgage relief process and address other financial challenges.
- State Home Foreclosure Prevention Project: Provides free housing counseling, help working with your servicer and referrals to legal assistance if you are facing foreclosure.
Lenders, Servicers and Real Estate Agents
- Mortgage Bankers Association of the Carolinas: Provides Coronavirus (COVID-19) information and resources for individuals working in the mortgage industry.
- National Association of REALTORS: Provides guidance for real estate agents relate to Coronavirus.
North Carolina Property Developers, Owners and Managers
- HUD COVID-19: Provides information and resources for housing providers, including organizations that run continuums of care and shelters. Additional guidance can be found at HUD Questions and Answers for Office of Multifamily Housing Stakeholders.
- Institute of Real Estate Management: Provides a Pandemic Guide for Real Estate Managers.
- National Multifamily Housing Council: Offers a COVID-19 Preparedness for Apartment Firms.
- Multifamily Asset Management Compliance Guide
Supportive Housing Providers
- HUD Toolkits for COC Agencies
Local Governments and Nonprofit Organizations