Thanks to our use of public-private partnerships, we have financed 269,000 homes and apartments totaling $21.2 billion since 1973. In any given year, we work with more than 250 direct partners, including developers, lending institutions, local governments and nonprofit agencies.
Report on Achievements
In 2017, the Agency’s work:
- Financed 14,040 affordable homes and apartments
- Financed $1.98 billion in housing construction, rehab and home sales
- Administered rent assistance for 27,310 North Carolina families
- Supported 12,060 construction jobs
- Produced $35.6 million of state and local tax revenues
- Kept its operating expenses to below 2% of the real estate activity it leveraged.