Thanks to our use of public-private partnerships, we have financed 269,000 homes and apartments totaling $21.2 billion since 1973. In any given year, we work with more than 250 direct partners, including developers, lending institutions, local governments and nonprofit agencies.
In 2017, the Agency’s work:
- Financed 14,040 affordable homes and apartments
- Financed $1.98 billion in housing construction, rehab and home sales
- Administered rent assistance for 27,310 North Carolina families
- Supported 12,060 construction jobs
- Produced $35.6 million of state and local tax revenues
- Kept its operating expenses to below 2% of the real estate activity it leveraged.
To learn more about our investments and their impact in 2017, check out Housing Builds: 2017 Investments and Impact. Our digital report below includes detailed information and engaging videos that showcase the work we did with hundreds of partners statewide.
We also have a concise, compact printed report that you can order and share with your own partners and elected officials. To order, email Valerie Sciacca.