The North Carolina Housing Finance Agency is committed to the health and well-being of all North Carolinians and has assembled a list of resources to help residents navigate the COVID-19/Coronavirus situation. The Agency will update this page as new resources become available.
- NCCARE 360: Can connect you to local services and resources through a statewide coordinated care network.
- NC 211: Provides free and confidential information 24/7 on health and human services and resources within your community, maintained by the United Way of North Carolina. Dial 2-1-1 or 888-892-1162 for assistance and text COVIDNC to 898-211 to sign up for announcements and updates.
- NC Housing Coalition: Lists housing-related resources, especially for people experiencing homelessness and communities and groups serving them.
- NC Housing Search: Provides access to free listings of affordable rental housing in North Carolina.
- Legal Aid of North Carolina: The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has ordered the suspension of evictions for nonpayment of rent, fees and other charges until December 31, 2020. Legal Aid can provide guidance and assistance on the eviction prevention process.
- State Home Foreclosure Prevention Project: Provides free housing counseling, help working with your servicer and referrals to legal assistance if you are facing foreclosure.
- Consumer Protection Financial Bureau: Provides information for people struggling to pay their rent or mortgage on what to do now and what your options are for mortgage and rent payment relief.
- Fannie Mae Mortgage Assistance: If Fannie Mae owns your loan, its Disaster Response Network can help you navigate the mortgage relief process and address other financial challenges.
- Wake HELPS: Wake County has launched a new utility bill payment assistance program to help households impacted by COVID-19 pay back what they owe to their utility providers.
Lenders, Servicers and Real Estate Agents
- North Carolina Bankers Association: Provides a range of resources to assist banks, including the latest situational assessments and guidance from public health officials, business continuity planning recommendations and guidance on how to communicate with employees, customers and the public.
- Mortgage Bankers Association of the Carolinas: Provides Coronavirus (COVID-19) information and resources for individuals working in the mortgage industry.
- NC Realtors®: Provides a list of resources for real estate agents, including information on small business assistance and tips and tools for selling homes from home.
- National Association of REALTORS®: Provides guidance for real estate agents relate to Coronavirus.
North Carolina Property Developers, Owners and Managers
- HUD COVID-19: Provides information and resources for housing providers, including organizations that run continuums of care and shelters. Additional guidance can be found at HUD Questions and Answers for Office of Multifamily Housing Stakeholders.
- Institute of Real Estate Management: Provides a Pandemic Guide for Real Estate Managers.
- National Multifamily Housing Council: Offers a COVID-19 Preparedness for Apartment Firms.
- Multifamily Asset Management Compliance Guide
Supportive Housing Providers
- HUD Toolkits for COC Agencies
Local Governments and Nonprofit Organizations
- NC League of Municipalities: Summarizes resources, information and FAQs for local governments
- NC Center for Nonprofits: Provides updates and resources to help NC nonprofits protect their employees, clients and communities.
- NC Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS): Provides an overview of the state’s response to the virus, the latest updates, travel guidance, information on protecting families and communities, where to seek help and information for health care providers and organizations, schools and colleges and the business community.
- NCDHHS Check My Symptoms: Allows people to enter their symptoms to determine if they should consider getting tested for COVID-19. If a test is recommended, they will receive a link to a list of nearby testing sites via email or text.
- NCDHHS Vaccine Information: Provides an overview of COVID-19 vaccine information including information on the COVID-19 vaccination plan, vaccine groups and locations.
- Center for Disease Control: Discusses what you need to know about the virus, including symptoms and seeking treatment and includes a map with updates on cases across the United States.
- World Health Organization: Provides extensive information on the impact of the virus worldwide, travel advisories and how to protect yourself.
- NC Department of Justice: Provides information on how to avoid coronavirus scams.
- FEMA: Provides extensive FAQs and guidance on supplies and equipment, best practices, how to get assistance and how to provide help.
- Coronavirus.gov: Gathers latest news and updates from the White House, CDC and FEMA and provides resources for travelers, households, pregnant women and children, small business owners, schools, businesses, health care professionals and health departments and laboratories.
- NCDHHS SlowCOVIDNC App: Exposure notification app to help North Carolinians slow the spread of the virus by alerting them when they may have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.