The 2020 Housing North Carolina Awards are Going Virtual!
While we may not be able to celebrate the 31st annual Housing North Carolina Awards in person this year, we will still celebrate the outstanding work our award winners have accomplished in North Carolina's affordable housing. This year, the Housing North Carolina Awards will be held virtually!
A special virtual event will be held on October 15 at 12 p.m. that will feature remarks from Executive Director Scott Farmer, commemorations of the work, acceptance speeches and more. Stay tuned for more details about the upcoming virtual event.
The winners for the 2020 Housing North Carolina Awards have been selected.
For more than three decades, the annual Housing North Carolina Awards have honored the best in affordable housing development. Recognition is given in the following categories: Home Ownership Impact, Rental Development, and Supportive Housing.
Entries are judged on:
- Design (attractiveness, appropriateness, innovation, resource efficiency, and other factors).
- Sustainability (provisions to ensure the property will continue to be both affordable and attractive, including deed restrictions, quality construction, energy-saving construction).
- Contribution to the local community (including meeting market needs, furthering local policy goals, and similar factors).
- Special features, such as supportive services to residents, creative financing partnerships, and others.
- Public and community support.
If you would like to know more about the Housing North Carolina Awards, please contact Madison Fisler Lewis at 919-877-5608.