The nomination period for the 2021 Housing North Carolina Awards is now open. Nominations will be accepted until June 1. Winners will be announced at a special virtual event on October 20.
The 32-year-old Housing North Carolina Awards honor the best in affordable housing development. Recognition is given in the following categories: Home Ownership Impact, Rental Development, and Supportive Housing.
Entries are judged on:
- Design (attractiveness, appropriateness, innovation, resource efficiency, and other factors).
- Sustainability (provisions to ensure the property will continue to be both affordable and attractive, including deed restrictions, quality construction, energy-saving construction).
- Contribution to the local community (including meeting market needs, furthering local policy goals, and similar factors).
- Special features, such as supportive services to residents, creative financing partnerships, and others.
- Public and community support.
Applications are available below and must be completed online. Please upload photos, videos or other supporting documents as a zip file within the application form.
If you would like to know more about the Housing North Carolina Awards, please contact Madison Fisler Lewis.