The nomination period for the 2020 Housing North Carolina Awards is now open. Nominations will be accepted until May 4. Winners will be announced at a special luncheon on September 1 during the NC Affordable Housing Conference.
Note: The deadline for submissions has been extended until May 4. In adherence to current social distancing standards, all submissions must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit entry form and photos in one email.
The 31-year-old Housing North Carolina Awards honor the best in affordable housing development. Recognition is given in the following categories: Home Ownership Impact, Rental Development, and Supportive Housing.
Entries are judged on:
- Design (attractiveness, appropriateness, innovation, resource efficiency, and other factors).
- Sustainability (provisions to ensure the property will continue to be both affordable and attractive, including deed restrictions, quality construction, energy-saving construction).
- Contribution to the local community (including meeting market needs, furthering local policy goals, and similar factors).
- Special features, such as supportive services to residents, creative financing partnerships, and others.
- Public and community support.
Entries now require only a one-page application and short narrative as well as photos. Applications are available below:
Note: the deadline for entries has been extended until May 4
If you would like to know more about the Housing North Carolina Awards, please contact Madison Fisler Lewis at 919-877-5608.