Commitment to Privacy
At North Carolina Housing Finance Agency (NCHFA), protecting your personal information is of the highest importance to the way we conduct our Agency. In order to properly service your mortgage loan, NCHFA must acquire and maintain certain nonpublic personal information relating to you and your mortgage loan. This Notice is to inform you about the information we collect, when it is shared with others and how the information is secured. NCHFA is committed to keeping your personal information secure and confidential. This Privacy Notice is being furnished to you in accordance with applicable federal privacy regulations.
Collection of Personal Information
It is necessary to collect certain personal and financial information in order to service your mortgage loan. Such information may include your name, address, phone number, social security number and certain credit information and account information which may be relevant to your mortgage loan. We collect personal and financial information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications, electronic communications, forms, and other correspondence, or information that you give us verbally;
- Information about your transactions with us or others;
- Information we receive from third parties, including persons providing services in connection with your transactions and consumer reporting agencies;
- Information obtained by us when verifying any of the above information, including information from employers and other financial institutions with whom you have had financial transactions; and
- Information collected from you over the Internet websites, such as information you provide to us and information necessary to manage any online session with us.
Disclosure of Personal Information
All personal and financial information acquired by NCHFA is used only to service your mortgage loan. We will never rent, sell or share any personal information to third-party marketers. We will share information with third parties as necessary in order to process and service your loan, as permitted by law. We may disclose all of the information that we collect from you to partners who originate loans and perform services on our behalf or to other financial institutions. We require those companies to maintain confidentiality of your information in accordance with our policies. When you no longer have any loans with us and are not receiving other services from us, we will not disclose your personal information, except as described above.
Security and Confidentiality
NCHFA takes every precaution to protect your nonpublic personal information. We restrict access to personal and financial information about you to those employees and third parties who need to know that information in order to service your loan. When sensitive borrower information is submitted via the Internet, such information is protected both online and off-line. We will continue to maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that will guard your nonpublic personal information.