The nomination period for the 2022 Housing North Carolina Awards is now closed. Winners will be announced during the annual awards luncheon at the 2022 NC Affordable Housing Conference, held at the Raleigh Convention Center on September 7, 2022.
The 33-year-old Housing North Carolina Awards honor the best in affordable housing development. Recognition is given in the following categories: Home Ownership Impact, Rental Development, and Supportive Housing.
Entries are judged on:
- Design (attractiveness, appropriateness, innovation, resource efficiency, and other factors).
- Sustainability (provisions to ensure the property will continue to be both affordable and attractive, including deed restrictions, quality construction, energy-saving construction).
- Contribution to the local community (including meeting market needs, furthering local policy goals, and similar factors).
- Special features, such as supportive services to residents, creative financing partnerships, and others.
- Public and community support.
If you would like to know more about the Housing North Carolina Awards, please contact Madison Fisler Lewis.