Becoming a participating lender with the NC Housing Finance Agency not only benefits you and your company, but also provides resources to help your home buyers secure their dream of home ownership.
- Increase your business by making loans to North Carolina residents whose finances may have kept them out of the housing market.
- Earn fees for the mortgages you originate.
- Generate referral business and help strengthen your local community.
- Meet requirements set by the Community Reinvestment Act.
- Have the appropriate approvals to originate the loan type you plan to offer, whether FHA, VA, USDA or conventional.
- Have a physical office located in North Carolina that has originated mortgages for at least one year under the corporate name. If less than one full year of physical presence, you may apply after six months of having a physical location opened and located in North Carolina originating loans along with a Letter of Recommendation from another state housing finance agency indicating good standing.
- Originate, process, underwrite, close and fund loans in your own name.
- Must be able to retain/manage 30-90 days of interim servicing of closed loans prior to purchase by our Master Servicer.
- Be compliant with federal and state banking laws pertaining to minimum capital requirements and regulations.
- Have not violated any federal banking regulations and not be undergoing any enforcement proceedings of any legal level.
- Have company net assets of at least $1 million.
- Be approved by our Agency and our Master Servicer, and execute a Mortgage Origination Agreement with both.
- Pay an initial application fee of $600, and an annual recertification fee of $375.
- Complete a lender training session with Agency staff.
- Any lender not closing a minimum of 10 loans annually is subject to termination from the program.
If you believe you’re eligible to participate in our programs, complete a preliminary application to become a participating lender. Once you’ve submitted it, our team will review it within 10 days and respond accordingly.