The North Carolina Housing Finance Agency provides up-to-date information about the policies and procedures that property owners must comply with. Our goal is to make compliance with federal and state regulations as clear as possible.
- Multifamily Asset Management Compliance Guidance: Related to COVID-19.
- NC DHHS Tips Sheet: Related to COVID-19.
- Approved Vendors for Utility Allowance Calculations: Vendors that have requested approval by the Agency.
- Bed Bug Policy for Owners and Management: Procedural requirements expected of property owners and managers to prevent, detect and eradicate bed bug infestations.
- Extended Use Compliance Policy: Policy for properties that have completed their 15-year compliance period for extended use of tax credit allocations.
- Instruction Sheet for Utility Allowance Compliance: Procedure for maintaining compliance with the IRC Utility Allowance Regulations.
- Instructions for Data Entry of Audits: Procedure for entering financial audit information for your property in RCRS.
- Utility Allowance Policy: Summary of allowable methodologies owners can use to calculate a utility allowance.
- Physical Inspection Guide: Preparing your property for inspection visits.
- Fair Housing for Tenants with Disabilities: Understanding Reasonable Accommodations and Reasonable Modifications (2018 Updated Edition).
- Reasonable Accommodation—A Quick Guide for Property Managers: Policy for making reasonable changes in rules, systems, practices or services when accommodation is necessary for persons with disabilities to have an equal opportunity to use and enjoy a unit or common area.
- Risk Mitigation Tools for Landlords, Owners and Management Agents.
- Sample Utility Allowance Effective Dates: Procedure for scheduling implementation of utility allowances.
- State UPCS Guidance: Policy for noncompliance and concerns in meeting Uniform Physical Condition Standards.
- Tenant Selection Plan Policy: NC Housing Finance Agency requires landlords who participate in Agency-administered rental programs to have a
written property-specific Tenant Selection Plan. The criteria contained in a Tenant Selection Plan must
align with HUD’s requirement for housing entities to affirmatively further fair housing.
- Qualified Contract: Policies for the NC Housing Finance Agency's Qualified Contract process for eligible projects.
- Insurance Requirements: Schedule 1 and Acord Samples.